1.18.2012

Winter

Winter...it's growing on me.  Of course, we've had a mild winter, so that helps.

I used to hate winter and dreaded the looooooooong gray days and bitter cold wind, but now I see its potential.

A few things I like about winter:

1) No allergies.
2) No fleas.
3) Hot drinks.  Tea, hot chocolate, cider, coffee, and so on.
4) No lawn care (except for shoveling the sidewalk when it snows, which Mr. T does.  I wouldn't mind it, but Mr. T always gets there first.  I think it helps him feel more manly.)
5) Blankets of snow - lovely!
6) The quiet still that comes after a big snow storm. 
7) Driving into big snow flakes as they swirl on the street in front of you and swish past the side of your car.  I feel like I'm a Disney ride...like Space Mountain...best ride ever!
8) Basically, I like snow.  "Snow!  Snow!  Snow!  I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow."


A few things I don't like about winter:
1) Socks.  I don't like wearing socks.  Actually, I don't like putting on socks.  Wearing them is fine.
2) Shortage of fresh fruits and veggies.  This year, I'm going to start canning.
3) Refueling the car.  (That's what Mr. T says.)  I say "getting gas."  I guess he's too sophisticated to say, "getting gas" because of what it implies.  Anyway, I don't like to "get gas" when it's cold and windy outside. 
4) Seeing animals that are outside in the cold all night.
5) Icy roads.

All in all, I'm glad to live in a place that has seasons.

1 comment:

  1. Funny- I don't remember you loving the winter when we spend two hours getting your car out of our flat driveway when your tires were bald!!!! Now that event would make Mr. T feel real manly. And frustrated.

    ReplyDelete