1.12.2012

Hope


Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the brokenness in the world. 
It makes me thankful that this world is not my home. 

I don't think I will see the brokenness be restored entirely in my lifetime, but I know the day is coming. 

In our Sunday School class, Mr. T spoke beautifully about how we are in a war and how we are on the winning side.  How God has been, is and will continue to take back what was once his.  How the brokenness will be healed and people will be redeemed.

I can see it, even today.  People fighting and making sacrifices to help make wrong things right. 


People say, "How can God be good and still allow so much pain in the world?"

It's a tough question, but I know that God is bigger than that.  He's bigger than our reasoning.  His ways are higher than ours.  He has a plan.  

And he is powerful enough to turn our brokenness into something that brings him glory.

It dawned on me this morning...

the fact that we value our humanity more than our spirituality

and God cares more about our spirituality than our humanity.

Because he remembers something we often forget.
That it's our spirit that will live forever and that this world is not our home. 
Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James 4:14

When we emphasize our humanity in our hearts, things get confusing and it's hard to reconcile the pain in the world with God's goodness.  But when you see the world for what it really is - temporary...and people for what they really are - eternal...it becomes much easier to understand God's great power and love and how, in fact, those two things never exist apart from one another.

I call it "hope".

No comments:

Post a Comment