1.05.2012

High Quality

Below are a few things in life that are well worth the money. 
After all, sometimes they DO "make 'em like they used to."
And sometimes they make 'em even better.




Thermos brand mugs.  It's gotta be the Thermos brand.  I've only seen them at Target and they are a little pricey - around the $25 mark.  But they work great!  They do not leak and your beverage will stay nice and hot for hours.  It's simply mind-boggling.


 





Harvestland brand chicken.  This is the closest I can find to healthy chicken in our grocery stores here.  It's not organic, but it abides by USDA standards of:





*No Antibiotics Ever
*Fed All Vegetarian Diet
*No Animal By-Products
*Humanely Raised
*Raised Cage Free
And it does taste much better.  If I don't get this chicken I always regret it because all the other chicken tastes like rubber in comparison.  Plus, the other day I got a whole Harvestland chicken and cooked it in the crock pot (per suggestion of my delightful friend Darci) and it was yummy-licious.  A little butter under the skin, olive oil on the outside, onion, rosemary and thyme in the cavity and wa-la!  A whole chicken was much cheaper and it made about three meals.  I'm a fan.



Oreck brand vacuum cleaners.  I don't actually have one of these because we don't really have carpet in our house.  Just some on the stairs and a rug here and there.  So our vacuum is a cheap one from Wal-Mart that works just fine.  Actually, I purchased another little one for $8 at a Black Friday sale that is also really cool and works a little better.  Anyway, I used Oreck vacuums when I cleaned houses in college.  They are my favorite and if I lived in a land of carpet, I wouldn't want anything else.  They work well and are lightweight.  I don't enjoy lugging vacuums around so "lightweight" is the main selling point.  I don't think many Oreck vacuums have that hose part that comes off so you can get dirt in the corners.  That's the biggest downside, I suppose. 
We like hardwood floors, so I doubt I'll ever need a nice vacuum, but if we do Oreck is the way to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment