1.19.2012

We'll Take A Break From Our Normally Scheduled Programming To Bring You



Ever read it?

If not, you are TOTALLY missing out.

One of the funniest - Laugh. Out. Loud. - funniest books I've ever read!

I LOL'd with almost every page turn.

It was recommended by the Highly Esteemed Brooke Grigg who reads like a book a night, so you really pay attention when she says a book is good.

Plus, it only takes about an hour to read - for normal people, that is.  A little longer for me because I read slow.  Not because I'm dim-witted or anything like that.  Just because I take time to stop and IMAGINE what I just read.

My former roomies, Jordanne and Melissa would make fun of me relentlessly for this by looking at a book then staring doopily into space and saying, "who am I?"  The other would laugh and say, "you're Patty, i-maaaaaa-gin-ing."  Melissa would then point out the fact that she, "imagines WHILE she's reading." 

To each his own, I say.

So, I went to the library to check out the book but I forgot who wrote it so I figured I could just scan the rows of books until I found it.  I found the books labeled, "Young Adult Series."  Not there.

Then I asked this group of girls, "hey, do you know who wrote 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid'."

"I think it's over here," one girl said, as she led me around the corner to a different row of books.  "These books are for, like, 10 year olds."

"Oh, okay thank you," I said.

I was taking a moment to ponder what she said and realized I just read a series written for 16 year olds and now I'm in search of a series written for 10 year olds and how someday I should probably start reading Big Girl books....and I must have looked lost because the librarian came over and asked if I needed help.

"Nope," I said.  Which was kind of a lie.  But the kind of help I need, she's probably not qualified to offer unless she has some sort of doctorate in something related to helping people who have a screw loose.

Plus, she works in the children's area at the library and she is super sweet and super helpful, but she's often suspiciously asking if I need help and it makes me feel like I'm some sort of creep-o for being in the children's area.  And I'm not a creep-o!  I'm just a slow reader!!!

Whatever - basically, what I'm trying to tell you is that if you're not doing anything tonight, you should read, "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" by Jeff Kinney.  I think you'll like it.

1 comment:

  1. I have read three of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. I really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete