1.04.2012

When An Orange And A Lemon Really Love Each Other

I have a love/hate relationship with Wal-Mart.  They really do have just about everything and it is pretty convenient.  But it is often over crowded and for some reason there is an air of grumpiness about the place and the cashiers can be a little slow at times and the produce department isn't quite up to snuff.

Well, at least it didn't seem so when I first moved here.  It seems better now.  I think because I've forgotten what big city produce departments are like.  Anyway, that doesn't matter.  What I'm trying to say is this:

The other day I picked up a box of Cuties (little oranges / easy to peel / you'll never go back to regular oranges) and went around the produce department to get the rest of the items I needed.  I then spotted a bag of GIANT oranges that looked very yummy - as it has been some time since I thought to buy an actual, hard to peel orange since they have cuties now.  You know how sometimes if oranges have really thick peels then they aren't as hard to manage...well, that's what I was thinking with these.  So I skipped the Cuties and went with the oranges.  And I was right.  They are easy to peel. 

They just aren't easy to eat.

I'm not exactly sure what happened. 

I suspect it had something to do with love. 
Like how Romeo and Juliet were from different circles and not supposed to get together. 
I believe an orange (Rome-e-orange) and a lemon (Ju-lie-emon) met. 
And there was winking, and eye batting, and sweet nothings whispered and all of a sudden a romance bloomed.  And as you know, when an orange and a lemon really love each other, they make a baby. 

And that baby ended up at the produce department in Wal-Mart where it got adopted by a sweet and innocent girl who took it home and decided to have it for a late night snack, only to discover her face beginning to contort into weird shapes, complete with a lip pucker that was in no way intended to be flirtatious to her husband who was not even remotely interested even if it was flirtatious because the face contortions made her slightly less desirable, but all together funny - and that's when she realized that she just adopted the world's biggest lemon!

Not really, but it's the sourest orange ever!!! 

I have a whole bag at my house that I doubt I'll be able to eat, so come over and try one for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment