3.19.2012

Weekend Review

This weekend was a wonderful, glorious, delicious time of "nothing at all".  Meaning, we had nothing scheduled, no projects to work on, not much food to prepare, not much of anything.

I felt so rested.

Saturday morning started with sleeping in and then walking down to a local bakery to get biscuits and gravy.
Then, nap #1.
Listen to NPR's Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me. (weekend tradition, if we can help it)
Nap #2.
Eat lunch.
Watch episodes of Psych, because we are currently addicted.
Another nap.
Read a little.
Munch on some food.
Watch Psych.
Eat.
Psych.
Go to bed.

We didn't have much to do on Sunday either.
I have a few pictures to share, but I have to figure out how to get them off my phone first.

I also have a few quotable quotes.

For example, as we're watching Psych...

Mr. T: "Hey, Emilio Estevez is guest staring."
Me:  "Honey, that's not Emilio Estevez."
Mr. T:  "Who is it?"
Me:  "That's Lou Diamond Phillips."

(note the difference)


Well, I guess I can kind of see the resemblance.
NOT!!!

Anyway, later on - joke time...
Mr. T:  "What do you call a fish with no eyes?"
Me:  "I don't know.  What?"
Mr. T:  "A FSSSHHHH.  Get it?  No 'I's'."

Me:  (trying not to be outdone)  "Well, what do you call a potato with LOTS of eyes?" 
(because potatoes have eyes, you see)
Mr. T:  "I don't know.  What?"
Me:  "A Piiiiiiee-tiiiiee-tiiiiee!  Get it?  There's lots of 'I's'."

And that's when it happened.
I made up a joke that is actually funny!!!
If you didn't laugh at it, it's probably because you're not reading it right.
Pie-tie-tie.
Come on, now.
That's funny.
And I made it up, spur of the moment.
Which is basically when I do my best work...most of the time.
Feel free to tell lots of people and let the joke start making its rounds.
I'm sure one day it will be a global phenomena.

6 comments:

  1. It's because they were both "young guns" but you are probably too young to remember that movie :) Pie-tie-tie, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I don't have to type that annoying weird word when I want to post now. I think I'll start commenting more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! We are/were addicted to Psyche, too! We have sadly completed all of the seasons on Netflix, though, so we'll have to wait a coon's age for the rest to come out.

    ReplyDelete