3.13.2012

Weekend Dialogue

Mr. T:  "Did you clean the bathroom today?"
Me:  "Yes."
Mr. T:  "Did you clean the toilet?"
Me:  "Yes."
Mr. T:  "Inside and out."
Me:  "Yeah, I think it's pretty clean."
(Pause)
Mr. T:  "It's just that - the smell still smells."
Me:  "What smell?"
Mr. T:  "You know...smells kind of like urine.  Maybe the neighbor kids are peeing in the vent...I'm not sure. (We live in a duplex.)  I started smelling it about a week ago and every time I walk in the bathroom I think it REEKS.
Me:  "Why don't you walk around the bathroom and see if you can locate the smell.  I got a new candle the other day.  Maybe that's it."
Mr. T (walking back to our bedroom with candle in hand):  "Yep.  It's the candle!  Why would they make a candle that smells like urine!?"
Me:  "That candle smells like cookies.  That candle smells delicious!"
Mr. T:  "No.  It smells like urine.  Aw, man!  Now my hands smell like it!"
(Mr. T returns to bathroom and puts candle back on candle holder.  Washes hands.  Returns to bedroom.)
Me:  "You can throw it away."
Mr. T:  "It'll probably be fine."
(Mr. T walks back in bathroom.)
Mr. T:  "Nope."
(Then, THUNK!  Candle goes in the trash.  Hands get REwashed.  Problem solved.)
Me:  "Thanks for giving me something to blog about, honey."

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, too funny. Seems like James only likes the vanilla or cinnamon candles--anything more exotic than that "stinks"!

    ReplyDelete