3.14.2012

Gettin' Fit

Mr. T and I starting working out this week.  I used to work out a lot more.  I ran a 1/2 marathon last April, and then did some walking this summer, but that's basically it.  Needless to say, we are both out of shape. 

A couple weeks ago Jordanne emailed to see if we would like to do the Color Run.  Basically, it's a 5K where you pay money to run 3 miles, while people throw paint on you.  It's gonna be awesome!

So, like I said, we started working out to train for the Color Run. 
We're doing this program called Couch to 5K
We're on Day 2.
And we're already sore.

Today did go much better though.  This week's training includes running for a block, walking three blocks, repeating 4 times.  Easy enough, right? 

Except the day of our first workout, we overslept.  Then, we couldn't find Mr. T's workout pants, so he ended up wearing these spandex things that had to have been uncomfortable.  And it was cold outside and we didn't have warm things for our ears. 

But mostly the problem was that we had different definitions of the word "run".  I define it as a  "steady jog".  Mr. T defines it as "sprint".  So, we got to the "running" part and he took off in a dead sprint.  I intuitively looked over my shoulder because I figured the only reason you'd run that fast would be because a bear was chasing you.  Nope. No bear to be seen.  Then I thought, "Heck, maybe he stole something!"  Nope.  He just runs really fast. 

We did better today.  He slowed down and I sped up. 

I imagine we look something like this...
(plus or minus a few things) 


I've never really watched Rocky before.  The scene at the end of this where they splash around in the water and hug makes me think, "Guys like this movie???"

Anyway, truth be told, we probably look more like this...
(At least, this is more how we feel.) 


I'm headed to the store to buy some Icy Hot.

Until tomorrow,
Mrs. Tidyman

7 comments:

  1. have you seen this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGojEyYBmwc&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious! I hope I never see myself running. I'm afraid it's like one of these guys.

      Delete
    2. You look like a gazelle. Most of the time.

      Delete
  2. I laughed so hard, out loud, by myself! You guys are quite the pair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, cracking up. I always thought you ran fast so I can't even imagine how fast Mr. T was running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Darci! I always though Patty was a fast runner ... but I just claimed my legs were shorter so I can't run that fast. What's your excuse!!??

      Delete
  4. Also, please remove the word verification from your comments. we don't have it and haven't ever had any spam.

    ReplyDelete