3.08.2012

Home

Home.
We've been working on our house since we got married last June.
People say you never really get done with a house, but I think we're really close.
So much time, energy and money have been invested in it and it will be really nice to invest in something else for a change.

I think it's important to make a house a "home"... 
Walking in the door and feeling like you can relax...seeing pictures of those you love...memories...reminders of God's hand upon your life...
A home that has an open door...one that is welcoming and hospitible...it all honors God.

I also think it's important to remember that our eartly dwellings are so temporary.
They will pass away.
Investing is your home is not the most imporatant thing in life.

That being said, our house did need a little/a ton of work.
Check out the photograph below of the outside of the house when Mr. T bought it, compared to what it pretty much looks like now.
Floor to ceiling, it's all been redone.

PS-I'm not a good photographer (yet!).  And just because you've seen these pictures does not mean you've "seen" the house.
PS-Nor does it exclude you from coming to pay us a visit.  Come and see it in person.  Come and see US!


Before and After
 
Here are some pictures of the main floor.
Enjoy the tour!


Living Room, Facing East
 

 
Closer Shot




Even Closer

  

Front Door, Facing South

Facing NorthWest
(The fact that I know these directions is a miracle.)



Dining Room, Facing North
(I still need to get something for the big blank space on the wall.)

Entering the Kitchen

Refrigerator Magnets
(Just because so many people were asking to see them.)

Daily Motto


Kitchen, Facing West



Opposite Wall in the Kitchen
(Complete with pink cabinet!)


Our OLD Stove
(This is where all the magic happens, Baby!)

That's it!
For now.
I'll send pics of the rest later.
We didn't take before and after pictures of the inside. 
But just to give you an idea, when we were dating, the house didn't even have sheetrock on the walls.
We've come so far!

Home.
I love my house...
...and the people in it.
(Yes, I'm referring to Annie as a "people".)






6 comments:

  1. I love the open cabinets and your cookbook nook and your pile of quilts and all the bright, clean white. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The walls are actually a really light blue/green color. It's hard to tell with the sun shinning in. Hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  2. You have a gift my friend, now come work on my house! :) Seriously it looks amazing. Soooooo much different than when we were last there. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever! Your house is lovely. Still working on the red accents in your kitchen?

      Delete
  3. I love your house, especially the pink cabinet! And as a quilt maker and lover, I zoomed right in on those--they are gorgeous. I think you should do a whole post of photos of those and their stories someday!

    ReplyDelete