7.05.2012

There's A First For Everything

Like Anniversaries!
Mr. T and I celebrated ours (like a month ago). 

We headed up to middle-of-nowhere Nebraska and stayed at a beautiful Hunting Lodge/Bed and Breakfast place called the Comstock Lodge. 

Don't worry pacifist friends, no animals were harmed during our stay.

Except for maybe the cat that Mr. T petted within an inch of it's life, until he was completely covered in hair.  That all took place while I was making a mad dash into town to purchase a toothbrush at the local gas station.  I think the toothbrush cost about $7 and felt kind-of like a grill scrubber on my gums, but whatever. 




The above picture is of the Buffalo Room where we stayed.  It was a lot nicer than the Wakeeney, KS Super 8 hotel room we stayed in during our first night of wedded bliss a year ago.  Except the Buffalo Room had that giant buffalo head in there, with it's beady eye staring down on us the whole time.  I kind of felt like throwing a shirt over it's eye or something, because "Hello, privacy please!" 

The next morning, we had bacon, eggs and toast before heading on our way for an afternoon of canoeing.  It was a little windy outside, but mostly our afternoon looked something like this:


It was a nice change from the river adventure we took on our first date.  That trip looked a little more like this:


Oh, how I wish I was exaggerating...

Anyway, it was a lovely weekend and a great celebration of our first year of that mysterious and wonderous thing they call marriage.

And in case I haven't mentioned it for awhile, Mr. T is a great husband/friend/father.  He makes my life better
every.
single.
day.

Here's to a zillion more! 

1 comment: