6.15.2012

The Blue People

Mr. T and I had some very special guests the other day, all the way from good ol' Kansas City! 

Travis and Darci (aka: Twavis and Gargi) come with their husky, Nora, to stay the night on their way to Colorado.  We stayed up talking really late on Friday night until I was sure my eyeballs were being weighed down by bowling balls, then we all retired to our beds for the slumber portion of the visit.



In the morning, we hoped out of bed and ate breakfast.  Darci and I decided to go for a walk.  Well, I thought we were going for a walk, so I wore my flip-flops.  Darci wore her tennie-runners and took off like she stole something!  I told her we had to slow down, because of the baby, of course.  Not because I'm old and out of shape and have a hard time keeping up.  That's when I realized that Mr. T and I don't really go on power walks.  Our walks are more like leisurely strolls where we sometimes get passed by old-timers and people on crutches. 

Anyway, Darci and I made it back to the house for a few games of Monopoly Deal.  We played teams, boys vs. girls.  The first couple of games were practice rounds.  Those were the games that the boys won.  Then we played a game "for real this time" and Darci and I skunked them!  I mean, I bet their bottoms are still sore from the spankin' they received.  You can see from the picture below that they are acting tough, but it's really just an over-compensation technique thing that men do when their egos are bruised. 

PS - I love to win!
PPS - this picture entertains me.


The visit wrapped up with a trip down to the bakery to get lunch, where Nora was the star of the town.  I couldn't believe how many people came over to see her and take pictures of her with their IPhone.  Hasn't anyone ever seen a DOG before?!?  Sheesh!!!

Anyway, after that it was just about time to say goodbye.  So amidst the tear stains and chin quivers, we dished out the hugs and handshakes and sent them down the road.

What a lovely time...

Oh, and we all decided to wear blue.  I like that about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment