6.07.2012

Going to War

Mr. T and I have been running to train for The Color Run.  We're up to running two miles.  That's pretty good for us old, out-of-shape people.
We've been running on the track and doing this workout program called Couch to 5K.  Earlier in the training, a workout might look something like this:

Run 2 laps (1/2 a mile)
Walk 1 lap

Run 3 laps
Walk 1 lap

Run 2 laps
Walk 1 lap

Getting in shape, via the running route, is pretty hard.  I get a chuckle when we start to take off to run another set because, often times, Mr. T and I hug and kiss each other and say
"I love you," and
"I'm so proud of you," and
"Be careful," and
"See you when it's all over."

It's like we're going off to war or something. 
Which is kind of what it feels like. 

Mr. T runs faster than me, because I'm running for two now. 
But it's starting to get easier and it feels good to actually get in shape instead of just talk about getting in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment