6.04.2012

You Haven't Lived...

...until you've seen Mr. T sitting criss-cross apple sauce in our new kiddie pool, reading a Donald Trump book on finances.  It's the funniest/best thing ever! 
And, no, I don't have a picture.  I probably shouldn't even be sharing this with you, but it's too great not to share.  I asked him if it was relaxing to sit in the pool and he said, "Not really.  I just like to spend time with you."  He's sweet to the max!

I like the kiddie pool because I think it is VERY relaxing to sit in the cool water, under the warm sun, getting lost in a book for awhile. 

My book of choice yesterday is called Discipline That Lasts A Lifetime by Dr. Ray Guarendi.  It's the first parenting book I've read and I really appreciate what Dr. Ray says.  I thought it would be good to start with the important stuff first...like discipline. 


It was loaned to me by the Highly Esteemed Brooke Grigg some time ago, long before we were even expecting.  She said, "Read this, it's funny!"  I wasn't quite so sure.  A parenting book on discipline does not usually equal "funny" in my mind.  How wrong I was!  It is really entertaining.  I LOL'ed many times and interrupted Mr. T from his reading so I could read aloud the funny parts to him. 

There was one time I broke down into a flat out giggle-fest.  Tears were running down my cheeks and the whole works.  Mr. T was laughing too.  Not so much at the book.  More at me laughing at the book, which was probably slightly funnier.  Have you ever seen a pregnant lady get the giggles while she's sprawled out in a kiddie pool?  It would give you a chuckle too. 

We also have some LOVELY company this weekend.  I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment