5.31.2012

Please Don't Tell Me This Is the Easiest Part

Actually, tell me straight.  Is pregnancy the easiest part of motherhood?  If so, I need to prepare myself for the next 60 years.

I'm just being dramatic.  It's not that bad really.
I've completed "Phase 1", which includes feeling sick, tired, not wanting to cook anything and being grossed out by just about every smell.

I've now entered "Phase 2", the heartburn and leg cramps phase.  I am learning how to manage, however.  Seems if you decide not to drink a swig of pickle juice, your heartburn isn't quite so bad.  Funny how that works.

I hear pregnancy makes you forget things and act ditsy.  They call it "baby brain".  I'm not sure if I have baby brain or not.  What I DO have is an excellent excuse for why I tend to forget things and act ditsy.  Take this weekend, for example.  Mr. T was very entertained when I managed to super glue several of my fingers together.  I have yet to clean the glue off my wedding ring.

Later in the weekend, we were taking a nice walk around the neighborhood, talking and enjoying life.  We were almost home when I heard a dog bark, so naturally I turned my head to the right to see where the bark was coming from and walked straight into a low hanging tree branch.  Ouch!  I was certain I had knocked my eyeball out of it's socket.  In the midst of the agony, I was trying to figure out if Mr. T would ever be attracted to me again if he ended up being the one who had to pop my eye back into place.  He quickly put my mind at ease when he confirmed that it wasn't even bleeding.  I do have a nice little scratch that starts above my eyebrow and goes midway down my eyelid, but no medical assistance was required.

Did I tell you that Mr. T bought and set up a kiddie pool that we purchased for $9.  I talked him into it because I get so stinkin' hot sometimes and going to the public pool is out of the question.  So on Memorial Day, I put on my bikini (which I've never worn before), went into the backyard, sat Indian style in the pool, ate a Snicker's Ice Cream bar and felt a lot better.  All that's to say, pregnancy has a lot of upsides to it as well.  

4 comments:

  1. You are so funny. I love you lots by the way.
    Yes... This is the easiest for the next 60 or 80 years. But it is all worth it. I am sure Jeff loves you too even when your in the kiddie pool. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog the mostest. And I love that your mom says you are worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, especially the part about the kiddie pool. But I have to say this is NOT the easiest part in my own experience--I was completely thrilled to finally be pregnant when it happened, but--I wasn't that great at being pregnant. I was either sick, too HOT (two summer pregnancies! Great "planning"!), or in too much pain to enjoy it much (I have a congenitally bad back, and carrying a big baby was really, really hard on it). It will all be worth it when you hold that precious baby, but until then? Feel free to complain because even the greatest blessings in life don't always come easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came home from a conference where one of the speakers said over and over, "It's not easy, but it's good" and reminded me nothing easy is good. But in the meantime, start taking those fish oil pills now. You'll need them if you nurse, they may help your baby brain and they'll definately help your baby's brain!

    ReplyDelete