5.25.2012

Missing May

I'm not sure how it happened, but I came across this book online the other day:


Missing May by Cynthia Rylant

Rylant won the Newberry Honor Award for Missing May in 1993, and it was a well-deserved honor.

Missing May is a short and sweet read that will quickly bond you with lovable characters and keep you hoping for the best throughout the entire story.

It's a book for children, although I'm not sure what child would appreciate the book for what it's worth.  It wouldn't be the first time a child surprised me, though.

I, however, was captivated for the entire 1.485 hours it took me to read it and upon completion I let out a sigh and said, "Beautiful."  Because that's what it is.  Simply beautiful.

Cynthia Rylant also wrote one of my favorite picture books, called "The Relatives Came".  Also a complete delight.  I look forward to reading more from this lovely author.


  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Cynthia Rylant. She has a series of easy reader books called Mr. Putter and Tabby and they are Hilarious, you would love them. I have yet to read one of her books that I don't LOVE!

    ReplyDelete