5.11.2012

Wicked

Last weekend, Mr. T and I hoped in a van full of 9 Delightful Scollards and we traveled to Denver to see the Broadway production of Wicked!
Brett, Michelle, and their 7 lovely children were great company on the way there and back.  A trip to Denver never went so fast!  After running here and there, dropping off children at relatives homes, a little of this and a little of that, we finally made it to the show. 

 
I couldn't recommend it more highly.  It's fantastic!  "Wicked-ly Awesome!"  Amazing!  If you've never been to a Broadway production, you should go.  I always walk out thinking, "How can they produce that kind of sound EVERY night." They're all so stinkin' talented, the sets are wonderful, everything is magical and you should stop reading this and order tickets NOW!

In case you're not familiar, Wicked is based on the story of The Wizard of Oz and is told from the perspective of the Wicked Witch of the West.  It starts back in her college days when she happens to be roommates with Glinda, the Good Witch.  As the story unfolds, you see who is actually "wicked" and who is not - and it's not always based on appearances. 

I loved it! 
We all loved it!

Can't wait until the next Broadway adventure...

Special thanks to Brett and Michelle for dreaming, planning, driving, and enjoying this weekend with us.  We're so thankful for you!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! I would love to see Wicked. We are getting the kids ready (secretly) to sing a song from the show to our five retirees on the last day of school--I don't remember the title but the chorus is "I don't know if I've been changed for the better, but because I knew you, I have been changed for good." It is a gorgeous song!

    ReplyDelete