7.12.2012

Tidyman/Tidywoman

On Monday, we went to see if our little TidyTot is a Boy or a Girl.  However, that ornery little monkey had their legs crossed the entire time!  So we'll have to wait and try again in 6 weeks. 

Let me tell you what it's like to have a sonogram:

1 - Drink 32 ounces of water

2- Let the water migrate to your bladder over the next hour

3 - Pray with all your might that you do not sneeze, laugh, get scared by a spider, or hiccup within that hour, otherwise you will experience total disaster.

4 - Check into the Dr.'s office.

5 - Wait.

6 - Continue praying.  (See #3)

7 - Be prepared for a delayed appointment.  For example, we went and they didn't have us down in the books.  Some strange mix up.  While they were fixing it, I was in the lobby trying to take shallow breaths and think about whatever did NOT involve waterfalls, rain, or leaky faucets.  Meanwhile, a Baby Monkey continued to use my bladder as a trampoline.  The only comfort was watching my Knight in Shining Armor (Mr. T) speak to the employees from time to time and say something along the lines of, "You realize...she's gotta go...BAD!"  Translation, "TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE PEOPLE!!!" 

8 - Ahhh, finally everything is sorted and you can begin the sonogram.

9 - But you're not done yet.  The next part involves them pushing hard on your stomach and FULL bladder for the next 40 minutes or so.  It's okay.  You're distracted by the pictures of your little one on the screen in front of you.

10 - Finally done!  You whisper, "See you later" to the fuzzy, cherished image and look forward to the day you can hold that little baby in your arms.

11 - Now you have a full bladder AND a full heart!

12 - Then you get to pee.  It's going to take about 10 minutes.  You worry that you will overflow the toilet with liquid.  You also worry a little that the lab tech can hear you going because he's just outside the door.  Doesn't matter, really.  Just feels good to be able to go!!!!

13- Lastly, you thank them for their time and leave.

Next, we went to the regular Dr. because I had some warts that needed frozen off.  I'm pretty sure I picked them up from some sweet orphan children in India.  True story.  I've had them for a long time and enough's enough already! 

Have you ever had warts frozen off?  It hurts!

Mr. T was by my side the whole time with his arms around me to comfort me in my trial and pain.  Unfortunately for him, he also had his face down by my face and when the pain got a little intense, I accidentally bit him right on his eyebrow!  Whoops. 

I'm sure the Dr. thought, "You think this hurts, wait until you're in labor!" 

That's kind of what we were thinking too, which is why we are going to get this for Mr. T to wear as he's coaching me through labor. 

Sure it's a little creepy, but SAFETY FIRST.  I'm not sure what I'll be capable of when I'm in that level of pain.  I think it's necessary.  Plus, there are slits at the bottom of the mask so he can still coach me through my breathing.  And the breathing will sound AWESOME!

So now you know everything about sonograms and warts.

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. My favorite part was, "See you later!"

    And the mask. Very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Oh! Don't freeze warts off, they come back. Use Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and soak a cotton ball, place over wart and cover with a bandage overnight every night for a week. It might be uncomfortable *not as bad as the freezing*.

    I was just wondering who was growing in your tummy! Can't wait to find out. JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your description of having a sonogram. I found it incredibly painful even before they started pushing on me. I kept telling them I did NOT have a 32-oz. bladder, that I know this from long experience, but they made me sit there and drink the whole thing anyway. Have you had the fun gestational diabetes test yet?

    So sorry you didn't get to find out who is in there yet--guess they just wanted to keep it a secret a little while longer. We didn't find out Dinah was a girl until 30 weeks--and with Lindsey we found out in the delivery room. We will be looking forward to your updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoy your site! Just wish I could think of something clever to write. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise Schmidt HennekeJuly 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM

    You are one very entertaining little lady. lol Just wait until the diabetes test!! Nasty drink AND a full bladder...double bonus! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete