7.05.2012

Kansas City!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my, I've had so much to write about as of late.  But alas, the writing has not been writ - mostly because it's too hot to type.  This insane heat makes my wrists turn into goo and my fingers swell and my brain goes into a fog, all of which make it impossible to type a darn thing. 

But, I've chosen to overcome.
As you may have noticed because this is my third post today.

Let me tell you all about our trip to Kansas City!!!

We started out towards my hometown in Kansas to drop off our little dog, Annie.  She's been wanting to stay the night with her Grandpa and Grandma S, so we thought this would be a good opportunity.

Then, onward to Silverlake, KS to visit my long-time and dear friend, Tara, who just had baby boy #3.  All three of her boys are stinkin' adorable!  Tara made delicious fajitas and we had a lovely talk about everything from Obamacare to nursing.  It's always good to see her and her sweet family.

Next, onto Kansas City to stay with my former roomies, Jordanne and Melissa. On Saturday, they made us a yummy breakfast, then we went to City Market.



That's JB and Mel Mel.  Oh, and some guy in red who was obsessed with us.
Can you blame him?!?


This is a picture of true love.  It's also a good illustration/warning to everyone that if our children figure out how to give me that cutsie-sideways-glance, they are going to get away with just about anything.


And just for fun, this is us doing the traditional "Wedding Ring Pose".  You know, like what people do right after they get engaged.

After City Market, we had lunch at an authentic Mexican joint downtown with Darci Webster and Jessica Weast.  And we chatted.  And it was magical.

Then, onto Starbucks, where we got to visit with EVEN MORE of my favorite people on the whole planet!!!!  The Gilmores, the Knapps and Megan Schulte.
It was so great to see them and catch up on life and laughs and such.

Next, church at Legacy Christian Church.

Then, dinner with Paul and Tiffany Mills (the couple who introduced us/got us into this mess in the first place.)  They treated us to Indian food!!!  Like ethnic food!  As in, NOT meat and potatoes, which is the only kind of food you can get in Nebraska.  Ahhh, heaven.  And I ate way too much!  And we stayed way too late talking.  I'm sure they were so tired the next day, but it was so great to visit.

Um, then bed, because we were beyond tired.

The following morning, we were up and at 'em - The Color Run was upon us.  And it was HOT outside!


Here's us shiny clean.


And there's me, after Mr. T threw green paint on my face and in my mouth.  Notice which one of us is smiling and which one of us is NOT smiling.


Oh, but I got him back!  At the end of the race I dumped a bunch of blue paint down his shorts.  This picture was taken right after it.  (For some reason, he doesn't really have eyebrows in this picture.)  Anyway, the paint has taken a while to wash off, so I've started calling him "Smurfy".  I am fully confident that one day he will see the humor in that name.


All done!  Fresh coat of paint, tired, thirsty, hungry, stinky and having a grand time!


See?  We're very celebratory.
That's because we weren't yet fully aware that we were going to have to walk 10 miles back to our car.  But, we made it!

And now Mr. T and I are done exercising because, like I said before, it's too hot.

Later that afternoon, we said goodbye to Kansas City and the beautiful people who live there and made our way back to spend some much needed time with Grandpa and Grandma S, AKA "The Best Parents a Girl Could Ask For!"  They spoil us every time we go there.  But even if they didn't spoil us, we'd still love them just as much!!!

We arrived back home tired and happy and tired and a little more tired, but truly happy.

I realized I have many "homes" because there are many places where I'm blessed with beautiful friendships! 

1 comment:

  1. Here's to having many "homes"! So glad KC is one of them so I get to see you once in a while. Loved the photo of you not smiling with green paint on your face. Niiiice. Awaiting Monday's news ...

    ReplyDelete