4.25.2012

Three Unrelated Topics

My Delightful Friend Darci gave me a copy of  "Anne of Green Gables" some time ago.  I picked it up the other day and started reading it.  I must say, whoever made it into a movie did a bang up job of casting the characters.  Their performances in the movie were spot on to what I envision the characters in the book to be like.  Either that or I've seen the movie so many times it's impossible for me to divorce their acting from the written word.  Perhaps I can watch the movie this weekend.  Perhaps this would be a good time to point out that I would very much like to have the Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea movies for my birthday coming up soon...on September 3.

I'd also like to point out that today is Administrative Professionals Day and since I am an Administrative Professional, it's basically a day dedicated to the fact that I know how to work the copy machine.  So far, I've received one of those plastic cups with the plastic straws (you know the ones I'm talking about) and it was filled with Crystal Lite Lemonade, complete with a note that said, "Thanks for your 'ade" to MCC!"  Lemonade is a great way to start the day!  I've also received a mug filled with candy, gift cards, and a pen!  I LOVE days like this!  And since I'm also an "Administrative Professional" for Mr. T, I think I can talk him into taking me to out for pizza tonight! 

I used to work for Legacy Christian Church in Kansas City.  I don't remember them doing much for Administrative Professionals Day when I first started working there, but I managed to hound the right people and bring it up numerous times until we started celebrating it.  I can say that the celebration has grown to an All Staff lunch and afternoon at the local arcade.  I'd like to think that I had a role to play in that.  I feel it was the "legacy" I left behind.  So, here is a shout out to all my fellow Admins - HAPPY ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS DAY!!!!

Last, but MOST noteworthy, my friend Tara had her 3rd baby boy yesterday.  Welcome Cade Benjamin!  7 lbs, 13 oz.  Mom and baby are all doing well!

That's all for now...

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love all of the Anne of Green Gables books, and the movies. We used to watch them at KU and would rewind (yes, this was back in the days of VCRs) to watch all the Gilbert scenes in Part 2 over and over. I will say that Part 3, which came out years later, is not so good. It doesn't follow the books at all, was a totally made-up story with the same characters, which really disappointed me. I say if you don't get the movies for your birthday, you should buy them for yourself! They're not that expensive!

    ReplyDelete