4.06.2012

10 Things

1.  My husband turns 40 in one week and one day. 

2.  I hope I never again think it's a good idea to rope swing into a lake.  I have now come to grips with the fact that I lack the upper body strength.

3.  I hate high heels...

4.  And nail polish (on me, not on other people).

5.  We planted a garden based on THIS book.

6.  I think Kansas is absolutely beautiful.

7.  I get the giggles when I see little old ladies at the grocery store, scooting up to the check out lane with their arms full of cinnamon rolls and other sweet treats.

8.  My sugar fast is over on Sunday.  It hasn't been perfect, but it's been good.

9.  I'm looking forward to chocolate chip cookies.

10.  And cinnamon rolls and other sweet treats.

3 comments:

  1. Let me know how your gardent turns out! I'm not planting one this year since we moved and we'd have to start all over AND since I'm still too busy with the kids. But I'll miss it. Wish we lived close enough we could sit in our backyards, sip lemonade, and watch our kids play in the sprinklers together. Who knows, maybe someday....Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kansas is beautiful, too, but I wonder if you have to look at it with loving eyes to see it that way because it sure doesn't get much respect in the wider world. I took an Easter break from my sugar fast today and didn't go as crazy as I thought I might. I also did not get sick as people predicted I would. I'm hoping after my fast is over at the end of April, I can find a middle road of moderation. I'm not great at moderation. I have been healthier (lost 10 pounds) since I gave up sugar, but I also can't see myself forgoing it for the rest of my life. So we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! Your fans, we are waiting.

    ReplyDelete