2.20.2012

Random Smattering of Events

My Mom came up this weekend and Mr. T and I had a lovely time with her. 
She is so easy to be around.  Peaceful, helpful, loving and beautiful. 

On Saturday afternoon we went to a pirate themed birthday party.  Mr. T went in costume.  I have a picture that I'll try to post later this week. 

On Saturday night we had dinner guests over, for a total of 8 people in our home.  I think it's the biggest dinner party we've had, thus far, and it was a ton of fun.  Mr. T's parents came, along with the Nelsons. 
Have I ever introduced you to Andy Nelson? 
Someday I will.  You'll be very happy to meet him.

Today has been pretty uneventful, except for little pockets of joy.

Mr. T stopped by my office twice.
Once to bring me a snack and once to eat lunch with me.
He is a really, really, really good husband.  Really, really, really good.

I posted this picture on face book today.  It's when we were in India about this time last year.

Our time in India was the most challenging of our whole relationship.  Sometimes I reflect on it and am amazed at how I almost let him go.
I'm so thankful it worked out.
That man is a gift to me everyday.

Anyway, in this picture I'm holding a sign that says, "ALOO METHI", which is some kind of potato dish in India.  But to me it sounds like something a pirate would say, like "ELLO MATIE".  Funny, right?

This picture has so much meaning because Mr. T and I parted ways in India and I was sure it was over, but I wasn't sure I wanted it to be over.  So when he flew back from India I went to pick him up from the airport and he walked out of the terminal to see me holding a sign that said, "ALOO METHI".  Then he smiled.  And I smiled.  And it helped. 

What else happened today...
Not much, except a couple of ladies were leaving their Bible Study just now and one was telling the others a story.

"...and wouldn't you know it, I looked down and saw a $5 bill lying in the water."
Other ladies gasp.

"...and I thought, that can't be real, but I bent down and picked it up and it WAS real!"
Other ladies chuckle.

"So I dabbed it off and rolled it up in a Kleenex."
Other ladies respond appropriately with coos and congratulations.

At the same time, an older man that I've never seen before walked briskly through the door with an orange and a grapefruit.  (Not an everyday occurrence at the church where I work.)

"Hello," I said.
"Do you need any fruit?" he said.
"Fruit?  No, probably not," I replied, certainly intrigued. 
"I'd say you need about 10 cases," he said, ignoring me, taking out a huge pocket knife and beginning to cut into a grapefruit so I could see first hand how irresistible it was.
I quickly re-stated, "No, I don't really need any fruit.  If you can come back tomorrow maybe some of the other guys would like to buy some."
"Not gonna be here tomorrow.  Last year you guys bought 4 cases from me."
Shrugging my shoulders, "Well, your best bet is that group of ladies walking out the door."

And off he went. 
I'm afraid he left disappointed because they didn't want to buy any fruit either. 

And that is the conclusion of a random smattering of events.  Thank you for reading.

With love,
Mrs. Tidyman

No comments:

Post a Comment