2.02.2012

Musings, Made Public

The following is an email exchange between The Highly Esteemed Brooke Grigg and I that I found entertaining.

From Brooke:
Keep in mind: I am not a doctor; so, the following observations will need to be confirmed through a physical exam. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems as if you have a sudden case of dyslexia and hallucinations/delusions. While perusing through the internet highway, I clicked on your blog which always enlightens my day.

Imagine my surprise when I read the heading, "You Asked for Pictures" and discovered there was not a picture. Below the picture box is a lovely description of the phantom photo. This has led me to the conclusion that you hallucinated, i.e, saw something that was not there or had a delusion (delusinated?!) and really believe the picture is there. Honey, it's not. The dyslexia diagnosis may come as a shock but it's right there in numerical disorder: 1.2.2012. It's February. The month of hearts and roses and dates starting with the number 2.

You are really young to have such a diagnosis, so I do understand if  you do not wish to speak of this publicly. I can keep a secret...............


My Reply:
Dear Not Dr. Brooke,

Thank you for your timely note.  All things were not, in fact, as they seemed.  The diagnosis of hallucinations/delusions/delusinations was incorrect.  The syptoms, upon further relection, revealed a rare case of ignorance as the picture was present at time of posting and, for reasons unknown, did not remain.  Prescriptions have been ordered, filled and taken, therefore, it is my belief that the problem is now corrected.  I trust that you will find the post amusing and ask that you do not delay your gratification a moment longer and view it post haste. 

Secondly, I respectfully ask that you please review a second time your inquiry regarding the date.  It would seem that in this post, and in all posts prior and following, the date is listed as such: Day/Month/Year, making the date 1.2.12 correct.  You are highly respected in this field and I wish to assure you that this minor oversight will in no way cast a shadow on your good name.

Thank you once again.

Best regards,
Not Dr. Mrs. Tidyman 

No comments:

Post a Comment