6.06.2014

Four Leaf Clovers

"When are you going to have another baby?"

It's a question we get asked often.

"Well, we've been trying for a long time, so whenever God says it's time, I guess."

We know all about charting and timing and the basics of baby making.  It's not rocket science.  But there are certainly days when it just seems hopeless.

I'm not sure when you are technically considered infertile.  I know there are scientific standards, but I think you're considered infertile when you've had more negative pregnancy tests than you can count, when your cycle starts and your eyes well up with tears, when it seems like every third person you see has a blooming belly. 

Every month something happens to make me think, "This is it!"

"I feel nauseous; I'm totally pregnant!"
"Man, I'm so tired.  Maybe this is it!"
"Ugh, that shampoo smells like wet dogs.  Hey, it could mean..."

This month was no exception.  I felt like there were several signs that were making me suspicious of a pregnancy.  And like other months, I was wrong.

Last week, Mr. T and I were playing with Tidytot in a field that had clover in it.

"I've always wanted to find a four leaf clover.  When I was a kid I searched and searched and never found one."
"Well, here's your chance," said Mr. T.
"How's about if I find a four-leaf clover, it will be a sign that we can have another baby."

So, I searched.
I searched and searched and searched and low and behold, I found one!

A diamond in the rough, the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, a rare jewel...

We want to have more children.
We know that God is in control of building our family.
We are so thankful for all we have already.

I told Mr. T the other day that I have my hope placed in three things.
Primarily, God.  We're not going to have another baby until he says so.
Second, our health.  We are working hard to eat well, exercise and rest.
And lastly, four leaf clovers.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautifully sad and yet hopeful update...Mom mom gave me this scripture when I was longing to be pregnant Psalm 113:9 "He settles the childless woman as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord" You've got your hope in the right place! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep praying, Keep trying, Relax....

    I believe Gods timing is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those days well. And because I remember it well, I will never, ever ask you when you are going to have more children, because that was such a hard and painful question for me to answer (plus, it's none of my business). So--no words of wisdom, unfortunately, just know that people are praying for you and are "with" you through the journey, if that helps at all. And THANKS for letting us know that Sage is OK, what a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs and prayers, friend.
    And so glad Sage is well. I read your three posts in quick succession so I didn't have to wait long to know. Give her a squeeze for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a month behind reading this. Wish I could give you a hug. But you can give me a call anytime you want a listening ear who's been there. Well, kind of been there. I wasn't shedding tears until I was an old lady and found out I was pregnant ;) Each of our stories are unique, but there is a preciousness in being broken before God.

    ReplyDelete