6.03.2013

It Ain't All Wine & Roses, People

Marriage is great.  Much better than either of us thought it would be, truth be told.  However, Mr. T and I do have the occasional hiccup.

Take yesterday, for example.

Something happened at the dinner table.  I can't tell you what, but I can tell you that I did not respond appropriately.

I looked at Mr. T, clinched my fists, tensed my entire body and loudly proclaimed, "SOMETIMES YOU MAKE ME SO ANGRY!!!"

Perhaps it was sort of out of the blue or perhaps Mr. T just isn't used to me expressing my feelings with such clarity, both of which would explain the way his eyes just went "blink, blink" and his lip turned up in a slight half smile.  

He wasn't sure what to think.

Heck, I kind of surprised myself.  

And yet, I wasn't ready to just laugh it off.  I needed to distance myself a little bit.

So to cope, I calmly turned my body to face away from him, bringing my plate along with me, and carried on our conversation - both of us speaking in normal voices as if nothing happened.  And from the sound of it, you wouldn't be able to tell that I'd ever gotten angry.  But by the look of it, you may wonder, for you would see one of us was eating at the table normally and one of us was facing the wall in a slight huff.

Every marriage has moments of squabbles and squawks.  Fortunately, there is also grace.  Lots and lots of grace.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me smile. We are very fortunate there is grace. Each day as you both grow older your love will grow deeper and deeper. One day you will start to think just alike. Amazing but true. The good thing now is you get a makeup kiss.

    ReplyDelete