2.15.2013

Valentine's Day Snippits

Yesterday, we celebrated Valentine's Day with a table surrounded by friends.  We spent the evening talking with our company about everything under the sun...

His days as a WWII vet.
Her children and grandchildren.
The time he was interested in learning Romanian.
How she went through airport security and forgot she had bullets in her purse.
Downton Abbey.
Politics.
Egypt.
You name it!

It was a great way to spend Valentine's Day.

Yesterday was also noteworthy because Tidytot turned 3 months old.  She is doing well, sleeping through the night and worming her way into places of my heart that I didn't even know were there.  

A few days ago Mr. T saw this ad from Ikea.


If they were running this deal last year, we would have totally qualified!  Tidytot was born exactly 9 months after Valentine's Day.  What are the odds?!?

Finally, I'd like to give a shout out to my very special valentine, the man of my dreams, the love of my life!
Ya'll must know how I feel about him by now!  

We exchanged chocolates and cards and the whole works, but perhaps the most romantic moment happened at lunchtime.  We were having leftover spaghetti, including a two full helpings of noodles, but only one helping of sauce.  I threw some garlic bread in the oven to try and stretch the meal so it would be enough to feed both of us.  By the time Mr. T came home from lunch, I was upstairs feeding Tidytot.  He ate and then warmed up my plate for me while I finished.  Halfway through my meal I noticed that my spaghetti had a lot of sauce on it.  

Me:  "Honey, did you give me ALL the leftover sauce?"
Mr. T:  "Um, yeah."
Me:  "What did you have on your spaghetti?"
Mr. T:  "Oh, I looked through the fridge and pulled out everything that was red and combined it into a sauce."
Me:  "EEEEEWWWW!"
Mr. T:  "No, it was actually really good.  BBQ sauce and salsa and I think something else.  I liked it.  I mean, I don't really have refined taste buds, you know."
Me:  "Yeah, I know.  Why do you think I don't really feel like I've accomplished some great feat to cook a meal that you think tastes good?  You think just about everything tastes good."

Oh, that man.  So easy to love.  Perfect combination of romantic and funny.

Hope your Valentine's Day was great and that you ate candy like it was going out of style!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day. I am so grateful you found the perfect valentine sweetheart for the rest of your life. You both are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete