2.22.2013

Idle Hands

Considering the Midwest was getting buried in snow, I convinced Mr. T to work from home yesterday.  And he did work throughout the day but there were a few times when his hands became idle.  During one such time, the devil used his idle hands and influenced them to push me out of the front door into the blizzard, sans coat and other items of proper attire.  Contrary to what Mr. T would tell you, I did not deserve this treatment.  I had just barely reached out one little finger to tickle his armpit and that was how he repaid me.  It was not fair.

Interestingly, at the same moment he flung the door open to push me out, two Jehovah's Witnesses were walking by with shovels in their hands and, I suppose, volunteering their services to scoop people's driveways for them.  They were quite perplexed at the sight they saw.  At that time my body had somehow became pinned in between the door and door frame.  Mr. T was trying to push me outside while I was screaming repeatedly, "Ahhhh!  NO!!!!!  I can't go anywhere!  I'm wedged!"  I'm sure the Jehovah's Witnesses were thinking, "Those people need our religion, but there's no way in 'you know where' that I'm going over to THAT house!"

So back to my story...
Somehow I got un-wedged and I found myself banished and all alone in the Arctic tundra.  So I did what any thinking person would do.  I took the snow shovel, went to the car that Mr. T had previously cleared and began to reload it with snow.  Then I did the front steps.  Then I stepped in some deep snow with my flimsy shoe and sweatpants and got really mad!  The fun was officially over and Mr. T let me back inside.  Had he left me outside a little longer, the heat radiating my from angry face would have melted all the snow in a square mile.  

I was mad until I later nailed him right in the face with a big snowball.  Then we were even and I forgave him of all wrongs.  

So you see, revenge got me into that mess in the first place and revenge got me out!

2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how much I laughed when I read this post. I love that JsWs just happened to be outside, too. Hilarious. Also, Peter gets upset about the rogue finger in the armpit as well. I have yet to get thrown out in the snow, but I'm sure the day will come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. I love the part about scaring away the Jehovah's Witnesses, and that you were clever enough to think of burying the car...and the steps...I'm never able to think that fast, but love reading about people like you who can!

    ReplyDelete