10.18.2011

You can take the girl out of the country...

But you can't take the country out of the girl!

Fortunately, the 7 years I spent in Kansas City didn't take all the "country" out of me. 
And last Saturday was proof.

Mr. T and I spent the day working on the yard.  At some point, a while back, he ordered a huge mound of dirt that he was going to use for something.  I can't remember what - but I do know that we ended up with way more than we needed.

Therefore, we decided to give the dirt to our good friends, the Scollards, because they are some of the best people we know and we love them and we love to give them our leftover dirt...plus they had a skid steer that someone lent them and we needed it to get the job done. 

So, we borrowed the borrowed skid steer, loaded it up with dirt and made several treks ACROSS TOWN with the thing to deliver dirt to their house.



There were some ladies sitting on their front porch who were quite entertained/perplexed that a young-ish GIRL was driving a skid steer back and forth across town. 

I felt really cool.
And really country!
Which is the way I was created to live. 
The country way.

To top it off, that evening Mr. T and I met Grandma and Grandpa T at the local grade school to watch them square dance.

Grandma and Grandpa T love square dancing and they are really, really, really good at it!  My favorite couple to watch! 

They even took a break from the norm and taught us "newbies" a few steps.  After some coaxing, Mr. T joined in and was also really, really, really good.  Must be genetics.  Is there a "good at square dancing gene"?  If so, the T's have it!  He was better than me and I pride myself on being a quick study when it comes to dance routines. 

So, the bad news is that we now have to add "square dancing" to the list of things Mr. T is better at then me.
The good news is that we all know he CAN dance, even though he claims he's terrible at it.  AND when he dances, he smiles from ear to ear, which makes me smile from ear to ear.

I'd say, between driving the skid steer and square dancing, we had one Saturday that was filled with a heaping helping of Hick!  And I couldn't be happier...

2 comments:

  1. Do you think you could bring that with you in nov and move our dirt? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture all of this and it makes me smile too. LOVE you guys and your life together.

    ReplyDelete