10.25.2011

Today

Today there is a funeral at the church where I work. 
Today her family and friends fill this building to remember and celebrate her life.

It's interesting to think about how you marry someone and spend your whole lives together, getting to know each other, loving and serving one another.  All the while, knowing that the day will come when you will be separated.

Is it better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all?
Before I was married, I didn't know how to answer that question.
Now, I can confidently say - yes - it's better. 

Loving and losing is a guarantee.  But having loved is so worth it. 
The day will come when we will no longer be husband and wife because death did us part. 
I hope that day is a long, long, long time away.

But knowing it's inevitable makes me cherish today even more.
Because today, I still get to kiss his cheek and hug him and tell him I love him more than I love myself.

And for that I am very thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment