10.19.2011

Breakfast of Champions

This morning Mr. T made a yummy-licious breakfast.  Waffles, bacon, coffee, juice - DOUBLE YUM! 

While I was upstairs getting ready for work, I noticed the house getting a little smoky because of the bacon cooking. 

A smoky house is a familiar sight where we live.  Mostly because I do a lot of the cooking and a lot of the burning of food.  Food that would have probably tasted okay, except I tried to cook it too fast or got distracted by something and charred it to a crisp. 

Which is kind of how the bacon was this morning.  Crispy.  Just the way I like it. 

And the smoky house was fine too.  I came to work with my hair smelling like a campfire and some of my co-workers seemed confused at the unusual scent.  But now the smell in my hair has faded a bit and it simply smells like yummy bacon. 

Meat eating humans and dogs alike think I smell delicious. 

That's how I got the idea to market a bacon smelling perfume. 

Keep an eye out for it.

PS - did I ever tell you that we have a dog named Annie.  She's the quirkiest little thing you've ever seen.

PPS - did I ever tell you that in one of the houses we used to rent, I would often burn the food and set off the smoke alarm.  Annie hated the sound and would run and hide under my bed.  It got to the point where she would hide under my bed as soon as she saw me standing by the stove.  Before I even started cooking, she would find her safe place and wait out the inevitable.  I think my cooking is improving because she doesn't do that as often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment