10.21.2011

Domestic Annoyance

October is Domestic Violence month.  A gal came by at the beginning of the month and handed out some brochures describing what defines domestic violence.  There are a couple of things that are not on the list that I think should be considered: ie. tickling, noogies and loud smooches right in your ear.  All of which I do not appreciate.  However, Mr. T gets a big kick out of them, ergo I must endure these hardships from time to time.

On one such occasion, just after the domestic violence brochures came out, the content was fresh on my mind and I told Mr. T that, "Domestic violence is more then just punching someone.  It's also other forms of torture, like tickling!"  To which he said, "Tickling isn't domestic violence.  Tickling is domestic ANNOYANCE!" 

True.  I certainly don't have a case for domestic violence, however, I (along with many women all around the globe) can safely claim that we are victims of domestic annoyance! 

As I look down the list of what qualifies as domestic violence, I see the following:
Name calling
Driving recklessly
Interfering with sleep
Pinching

After a brief moment of consideration, I've come to realize that I am guilty of all those things.  Which brings me to the conclusion that Mr. T is a victim of MY domestic violence!!! 

I hope he doesn't turn me in.  Can you blog from prison?


   

No comments:

Post a Comment