9.05.2013

Candy Crush Saga

Well, it happened.  Mr. T and I joined the ranks of millions who became addicted to Candy Crush Saga.  That innocent little game started out so fun.  Crush those little candies, break up all the jelly, keep the evil chocolate from spreading, and what's better is that we were working together to jump from one sugary level to the next!  

At one point I asked Mr. T if he would like to play a board game or something.  He replied, "It seems better for our marriage if we are working together on a game than playing against each other."  So true.  There have been many a game played in our house that have ended in me trying to climb out from under a mountain of depression and regret.  "If I would have only played the 'X' in that double word score instead of trying to hold out for a triple word score, I would have won that game of Scrabble!!!"  It's terrible.  Games started in the name of fun end with me stomping up the stairs leaving Mr. T left alone to clean up the kitchen by himself. 

Anyway, Candy Crush was different.  We weren't playing against each other.  In fact, I experienced a new level of grace from Mr. T.  There were times when I played a move too fast and missed an opportunity to line up 5 candies to make a sparkle donut, and if you know anything about Candy Crush, you know how important the sparkle donuts are!  And Mr. T would forgive me.  We were quite the team.  If not for him, I would blow through all my moves without strategizing and never get anywhere.  Without me, Mr. T would stare at the game for hours and never make a move.  It was the perfect picture of what God intended marriage to be.  Oh, except that we were staring at a screen for hours instead of doing something that really mattered.

At first we were in denial that we were addicted.  That is until I found myself thinking things like, "I don't have a problem," and "I can quit anytime."  Well, I did have a problem.  Mainly, the problem was that we finally reached a level that we couldn't get passed.  Regardless, today I pulled the plug and deleted it.  I've never felt so free!  

No comments:

Post a Comment