9.10.2013

Spiderwoman

Sunday night we were invited to dessert and coffee with some friends.  The coffee, unbeknownst to me, was not decaf.  Therefore, I was up until after 12:30 reading The Pioneer Woman's Black Heels to Tractor Wheels.  It's a good read, but slightly saucy (you've been warned).  Mr. T was sawing logs next to me, as he had been fighting a sore throat for several days, along with an overall feeling of sickness.  

It was because of said sickness that I decided not to wake him, even though I desperately wanted to, for I had just glanced at the ceiling and saw a spider crawling across it.  Fortunately, there was a point in time not too long ago that I had the foresight to stash several flyswatters around the house for just such an occasion.  I crept to the bathroom closet, retrieved the flyswatter, returned to our bedroom, and ended it's life - all while Mr. T slept away.  I felt very, very accomplished and powerful - and a little bit like there were spiders in my hair.  Seeing a spider always makes me feel like they are crawling on my head, even long after they've been squished.  Do you feel that way?

Anyway, I felt so good about my brave, brave, brave victory that I found it hard to celebrate alone.  I lightly tapped Mr. T on the chest until his little eyes opened.  "I just wanted you to know that I just killed a spider by myself.  It was on our ceiling.  It was a BLACK one," I whispered.  "I didn't want to wake you." 

Mr. T just smiled at the irony of the situation.  He gets me.

On a different note, that Pioneer Woman book is all about how her and her husband met and the time they spent dating.  It got me to thinking that I should write out our dating story.  There are some entertaining segments, to be sure, but mostly I don't want to forget that year of our lives.  Does anybody want to read about that?

5 comments:

  1. I want to read about that! Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read about that, I enjoy reading whatever you write. The spider story gave me a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was an amazing year. I would love to see how it all started. By the way I am very, very proud of you for killing the spider. You are very brave. Thank you Jeff for your extreme kindness in the middle of the night. You guys are meant for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I lived it with you, with all the ups and downs, and all the convos on both sides but I would love to hear your perspective in hindsight. I am so happy that Jeff has you!

    ReplyDelete