7.06.2013

Phantom Baby

Ever since Tidytot was born I've had this phenomenon that I call "Phantom Baby".  Mr. T and I are not big on co-sleeping with our infant.  The both of us can hardly fit in our bed as it is.  However, the Phantom Baby syndrome still strikes a couple times a week, at least.

It's a feeling I get in the middle of the night that Tidytot is in the bed.  When she was a newborn, I would feel the down comforter on my chest and think it was her.  Then I would mentally go through the motions of thinking, "Oh I'm so tired.  I really need to lay her in her crib, but I'm SO TIRED!"  Then I would either just fall asleep or wake up and realize that she was already sound asleep in her own bed.

From there, Phantom Baby syndrome turned more to worrying that she was in the bed and that Mr. T was laying on her.  Many times in the middle of the night I would start shoving him in a panic while shouting "MOVE OVER!" until I came to my senses.

Well, two nights ago I was just sure she was in the bed again, except this time she was at the bottom of the bed under the covers.  So in my half-asleep state I reached to the bottom of the bed and started feeling around for her, only to discover my husband's hairy legs.  I searched and searched the bed but could not find her anywhere.  That's when I resorted to my fall back of shoving Mr. T and telling him to "MOVE OVER!"  

Oh hallucinations.  You certainly keep life interesting.  


No comments:

Post a Comment