11.24.2013

A Year Ago Today...

...I wouldn't have believed you if you told me that:

*the day would come when we'd put our baby down at 7:00 pm and she would sleep the night through until 7:00 in the morning.

*I would love nursing and hesitate to wean her for fear of heartbreak.

*we would be so charmed by her little waves "hello" and "good bye", and that even when those waves are directed at inanimate objects like the refrigerator, we would still swoon and consider our child a top of the line prodigy.

*my daughter would come to find the taste of dog food delicious and feel drawn to sampling food off the cafeteria floor in the nursing home, much to my shock and horror.

*my "momma's girl" would become primarily a "daddy's girl" and in his arms she would find her greatest source of comfort and joy; a fact worthy of rejoicing.

*my arms would get so tired holding her, but that I wouldn't mind.  For we had many more negative pregnancy tests than we desired before we conceived and we know that empty arms are often so much heavier than full arms.

*I would miss being pregnant.

*even in our struggle to conceive again, we would be overwhelmed by God's grace in the one.  One child.  So undeserved.  Such a blessing.  Grace upon grace has filled our happy home and given us oh so much to be thankful for.


1 comment: