4.16.2013

Mr. T turns 41!

Sunday was Mr. T's birthday.  41 years old, my oh my, how times flies.  Seems like yesterday we were just two kids with skinned knees, skipping rocks by the pond and carving our names on a wide oak tree.  Just kidding.  We didn't grow up together.  Well, we've kind of grown up together since we've been married...if you define "growing up" as getting old and boring.  I suppose I should speak for myself.  I mean, there is nothing boring about the man in this picture:


And he would try to convince you that he is old, but it's all in his head.  He's still got a lot of miles on him, as far as I can tell. 

Goodness, I love him.  I have grown so much as a person under his influence and am thankful that he is the leader of our home.  

He and Tidytot (who is now 5 months old) are fun together.  I tell people, "The first month, he wasn't so sure about her.  The second month, she wasn't so sure about him.  Now, those two are totally in ca-hoots!"

I see plenty of these moments:



With only the occasional...


 Mr. T is a wonderful father and husband and is so very loved by Tidytot and me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD!



3 comments:

  1. I want to hug her and squeeze her and kiss her all over! Make sure you read that right: HER, NOT HIM. BUT, Happy Birthday to the man who changed MY life forever! Dang it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jeff! I will say with confidence that I knew this would be one of his best years ever because you and tidytot were with him. I did know him when we were kids (of 20) and like my husband he just gets better and better (large in part because of you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post, I love all the photos. Obviously Sage is going to be the best reader in the world with all those books! As another one who knew Jeff way back when--we are all so happy that he finally found you, because we all knew what a great husband and dad he was going to be, and we're so glad he is getting the opportunity to be that at last! Sometimes it seemed like God was taking His own sweet time getting the two of you together, but His timing is perfect, and it is a joy to watch your family grow up together.

    ReplyDelete