11.19.2012

Introducing..

Sage Lydia Tidyman


*Born on Wednesday, November 14 
 7 pounds / 7 ounces
20 inches long




We are so blessed!  Sage came last Wednesday, just shy of two weeks early.  She is healthy, beautiful and very loved. 

It's amazing how much time I spend marveling at how impossibly small the finger nail on her pinkie is and how her yawns can be so impossibly big.  She has such strength in her legs and in her head.  At 5 days old, she can already hold her head up a little and look around.  And her lungs....oh my!  Baby girl has got a set of lungs on her!  We did not expect this, Mr. T and I being so soft-spoken.  We put in a request for a baby whose cries sound like a kitten.  According to her Uncle Joey who pegged it so accurately, she sounds more like a pterodactyl (read: flying dinosaur).  Oh and her chompers...don't get me started on her chompers!

There are so many ways she is delighting us.  I love the way she holds her little hand up to her forehead and furrows her brow.  She looks just like Mr. T does when he is looking over our bills.  I smile at every little piggy noise she makes when she is nursing...her velvet skin...her coos and gurgles...

I love her.

My body is so tired, but my heart is so full.

Truth be told, so many blessings I experience with Sage are coupled with the memory of the beautiful women I have met during this pregnancy who have loved and lost a child.  It's a heartbreak that brings me to tears.  Mr. T and I are so very humbled by the opportunity to care for her each day.  We know that it is a gift.

I am coming to realize more and more that whether in times of great heartbreak or times of great joy, we all need God's grace to wash over us.  When life is so overwhelmingly hard, his grace covers us in peace, healing, and comfort.  When life is so full of joy, we need his grace to remember that his praise should always be on our lips, to cast aside petty complaints and to enjoy to the full the great blessings he has bestowed.  We all need God...no matter what each day brings.  And God is faithful.

On that note, I think I'll bring this to a close.  I hear little squeaks and know they'll need some attention.  I'll write soon on how Sage came to this world.  It's a great story!

*We're getting the word out so late because we don't have the Internet at our house and we've been too busy to get to a computer and I stopped sleeping sometime around last Wednesday and I pretty much look like death warmed over and I'm so tired that sometimes people ask me her name I have to rack my brain to remember what we chose for her middle name and...okay, I'll stop now.  Thanks for your understanding.

13 comments:

  1. Oh she is so beautiful! Congratulations! We wish continued joy and supernatural sleep on you! Can't wait to meet her. She is just lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I have a beautiful daughter and a beautiful grandaughter.. I hope she grows up just like you. She is so wonderful. Thank you God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! She is beautiful, and I know you're bountifully blessed with a great husband and now, a daughter! LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely, lovely post about your precious new baby. Not many of us would think to acknowledge all the mamas and daddies who have lost a child when announcing the birth of their own, long-awaited miracle, and I do appreciate you doing that. I know you will never take your sweetest blessings for granted. God could not have lent Sage to a better set of parents than the two of you. Congratulations to ALL of you. Take every nap that calls your name, preferably with little one snuggled up next to you. These days go so fast, try to put some moments in your memory bank for later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your next writing....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember this ... LESS than a year ago.
    http://mrstidyman.blogspot.com/2011/12/i-want.html

    He is faithful, in the good and the bad and everything in between that is life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs. Tidyman that is awesome! What a great joy children are. Praise God for your little girl and your family.
    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy for you and your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Patty! Congrats new Momma! So glad to hear you are enjoying every moment-even the ones that aren't so joyful. Hang in there-you will get some sleep soon. And don't feel bad if you never got the blinds dusted (or find new ones to dust). Just rest up and love on the newest addition to your family. She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful miracle! She's gorgeous and you are blessed beyond measure. After years of working and planning for other children, and having some glance at what parents experience, you'll now do the "real thing" and do it splendidly, I know. Give Mr. T the biggest congratulations and take a bow, Mrs. T....Momma!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to you both. She is a beauty! Love the name. Love your descriptions of her.
    You made it through pregnancy, and now let the wild rumpus begin! You are in for a wonderful ride. Love nancy Kahler

    ReplyDelete