8.10.2012

We Are Old People

This morning Mr. T and I woke up early and headed out to the Health Fair where they do discounted blood tests.  It was a huge blessing because I have to test my thyroid levels and our insurance won't cover thyroid stuff until October.  So, instead of paying $230 to have the hospital test it, we paid $15 and got it done at the Health Fair.

Blah, blah, blah - that's just background info...

The point of this post is to tell you that we feel old.

We roll out of bed in the morning and can't tell if the floor is creaking or if it's our bones as they warm up to another day. 

Then we have our coffee and a fiber-filled breakfast, get in the Buick, and head to work.

Well, Mr. T gets in his Buick. 
I drive a Nissan.
SO MUCH COOLER - but it just doesn't handle as nicely as the Buick.  The misalignment and worn out shocks are really starting to take a toll on my hips.

As I was saying...
Older.  We feel it.

Last Sunday, we got ready for church, hoped in the Buick and drove through the McDonalds' Drive-thru to pick up breakfast.  Then we took it home to our little lap dog and talked about the weather.

We are old people.
Today, we were leaving the Health Fair and we couldn't find our car because the parking lot was full of Buicks.

Like I said...

4 comments:

  1. At least you fit in culturally and all....that's a good missionary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to give you a "bahaha." "Bwa" implies a mean-spirited laugh, which I did not intend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didnt you hear.... Buicks are cool now. Look at all the great Buicks out on the road. I think even several of your family members drive this great car.

    ReplyDelete